Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

More or Less Church

Joanna Depue "DJ/Deacon J" writes original songs and liturgies, does daily Farm office work and records Barbara's eMos on The Geranium Farm. A singer and dog trainer she utilizes healing touch in her private massage practice. PLEASE share YOUR original ideas for worship, special liturgies, prayers, songs, sermons and noteworthy blogs right here.
Send emails to: deaconj@geraniumfarm.org or add a comment on an existing post.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Earth Friendly Psalm 23

Farmer Marguerite Casparian was kind enough to forward a copy of a poem by her friend, George Ella Lyon. Even as autumn has begun to descend upon us in the Northeast of the United States, these lush, verdant lines are welcome, refreshing and full of life and comfort for all. Thank you, George Ella and Marguerite for your offering us all this gift!

PSALM


The Earth is my Mother.
I shall not want.
She invites me to lie down
in green pastures.
She offers me the calm
of still waters.
She restores my soul.
She leads me in the paths
of right relationship
for our home’s sake.

Yea, though I walk
in the circle of life and death
I shall fear no evil
for I belong here.
Goldenrod and walking staff
they comfort me.
She prepares a garden before me
in the presence of my emptiness.
My cup is full.
Surely wholeness and mystery
shall follow me
all the days of my life
and I shall dwell
in Earth’s sweet fields
forever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abjopar said...

Thank you Marguerite.

Peace, Abby

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.