Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

More or Less Church

Joanna Depue "DJ/Deacon J" writes original songs and liturgies, does daily Farm office work and records Barbara's eMos on The Geranium Farm. A singer and dog trainer she utilizes healing touch in her private massage practice. PLEASE share YOUR original ideas for worship, special liturgies, prayers, songs, sermons and noteworthy blogs right here.
Send emails to: deaconj@geraniumfarm.org or add a comment on an existing post.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Prayer In a pinch

In line with the prayers posted on MOLC earlier for humans and their pets, other prayers have come to me for people in their daily rounds and other situations.

Here they are. And folks, please send in your ideas, prayers, etc. so that we can keep this wonderful exchange of enrichment going.



For parents/guardians of children
Holy God of infinite wisdom and patience, so guide my thoughts, decisions and responses that all may be tempered with your love for this child (these children), XXXXXXX, under my care. May my actions speak volumes of the respect you have for the earth, its resources, its wildlife and peoples. Strengthen me to your service and the nurture of this child (these children). I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

For the workplace
Precious Lord, you worked for years in the stead of Joseph as a carpenter. Be present in Spirit as I conduct business today in my workplace. Let callers hear cheer in my voice, feel attentiveness in my speech and concern in my action. Defend me from the temptation to gossip or complain. Give me a grateful heart that I have work to do and that my efforts, combined with those of my colleagues, result in true benefits for others. In hope that you will hear my prayer and assist me in my work, I praise your name, with that of the Father and the Spirit, now and forever. Amen.

In the garden
Spirit of God, like the mist that covered the earth before time, find my garden a place to take pleasure and rest. Awash with color and bounty, may it be a pleasure to all who see or visit it. Give me the stamina to sow and prune, tend the vines and subdue the weeds. Make a place for balance, growth and harvest. Creator God bring the seasons in turn; Jesus who had command over the trees and seas provide cool and warmth, dry time and showers. Make me a steward of your gifts indeed. Amen.

Before driving
God of faithfullness, I call upon you to heighten my awareness. This machine is heavy and demands that I utilize it responsibly. Keep me alert and attentive to my surroundings. I ask that I might arrive safely at my destination and that no one be harmed by the vehicle under my control. In the loving name of Jesus. Amen.


Let me know if there are prayers you use (and would like to share) or ones you'd like to see. In Christs service, Deacon J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.