Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

More or Less Church

Joanna Depue "DJ/Deacon J" writes original songs and liturgies, does daily Farm office work and records Barbara's eMos on The Geranium Farm. A singer and dog trainer she utilizes healing touch in her private massage practice. PLEASE share YOUR original ideas for worship, special liturgies, prayers, songs, sermons and noteworthy blogs right here.
Send emails to: deaconj@geraniumfarm.org or add a comment on an existing post.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

But..... why???

This is not about the mysteries of life that elude us....

Not about bad things and good people..... or drought.... or flood.....

I'm putting two more questions out to you all because---- well, because from time to time it is good to get back to basics and motivation and evangelism.

My questions: Why do you go to church? and What compels you to attend the church you now attend?

Seems simple, but there may be a lot of layers here.

Please post your comments/responses below for us all to reflect on (and this informal poll may help me - and others - in the next stewardship campaign).

Many thanks. DJ

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My answer depends on what church you're asking about. I attend churches of my own denomination only when I'm engaged there as a supply priest as a source of income.

On other Sundays, for the past two years, I've gone to churches of other denominations to see what's different about them and, for the most part I was aware more of what's the same. Congregational life is pretty similar no matter what is the worship style.

This year I began attending regularly at my husband's church. He's what you might call a "contemporary" Mennonite. I choose to make that church my church home because I find the congregation more focussed on everyday discipleship and Christian community than any other church I've found within handy commuting distance which means I can be active and because I share common interests and a common lifestyle with most of the members.

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Penguins form a big circle for warmth and safety. The outter ring, made up of those who are younger or stronger, keeps moving, shuffle, shuffle. The weakest are in the very middle, still, absorbing the warmth. When one in the outer circle weakens, they go inside for a while, which means the round mass is constantly changing. It's an imperfect system, but that's why I go to church.
Barbara Allen

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.