Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

More or Less Church

Joanna Depue "DJ/Deacon J" writes original songs and liturgies, does daily Farm office work and records Barbara's eMos on The Geranium Farm. A singer and dog trainer she utilizes healing touch in her private massage practice. PLEASE share YOUR original ideas for worship, special liturgies, prayers, songs, sermons and noteworthy blogs right here.
Send emails to: deaconj@geraniumfarm.org or add a comment on an existing post.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

It's 2006 already

It was 12:01 on Sunday morning. It turned 2006.

.... and it didn't feel different to me. I still felt the warmth of God around me as I finished praying for the visitors to the Farm, my sister, cousins, diehard friends, acquaintances and enemies. Besides that, nothing else had changed. My hair was still more salt than pepper, but not moreso; my paunch was still paunchy, but not moreso; Emmy-Lou was cute as ever (fast asleep with her muzzle resting on my upper thigh), but not moreso.

It seemed more of the same.

Yet it's a new year and I'm still here to tell the tale and you're still here to read it.... so that IS new news after all.

_________________________________________

On a separate note, I am calling on y'all to send in: comments, questions (liturgical or otherwise), observations, sermons, projects, stories like "the most Christian person (exemplified Christ) I ever met", ideas about what you would like to see here. Have you seen an article, read a book, heard some music, found a website or seen a movie or TV show that was inspiring, informative, well worth recommending? Please send it on to me and I'll gladly share it will all our readers. Looking forward to your responses at deaconj@geraniumfarm.org.

In the meantime, I'll be posting a piece on making a hospital visit later this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.