Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

More or Less Church

Joanna Depue "DJ/Deacon J" writes original songs and liturgies, does daily Farm office work and records Barbara's eMos on The Geranium Farm. A singer and dog trainer she utilizes healing touch in her private massage practice. PLEASE share YOUR original ideas for worship, special liturgies, prayers, songs, sermons and noteworthy blogs right here.
Send emails to: deaconj@geraniumfarm.org or add a comment on an existing post.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Aches and pains

Getting out of bed yesterday morning I did something out of character: I looked in the full length mirror that takes up one nearly one side of my bedroom. I saw a strange, saggy, middle aged woman.... not precisely sure if I had ever seen her before or would have recognized her in a crowd. She is frumpy, dowdy, flabby.

I don't know when this transformation occurred- although I have an more than inkling about how it occurred. Several too many meals just before bed. Not enough sleep. An outrageous lack of self-discipline in the physical exercise department. Driving to and from work. Little by little the small indiscretions add up to a bulge here, an unlovely handle there.

My back has been killing me..... it is more likely I have been killing my back. Going from zero to 50-75 pounds of improper lifting technique without stretching could be one culprit. Actually, I
I have a herniated disc.... let me rephrase that - I have a newly herniated disc. One above the two that have collapsed over the years and my old auto injury. Grrrrrrrrr.

Pain is there for a reason. Fatigue is there for a reason..... and it makes sense that God would include these things in the package of our bodies to get our attention. Ignoring the signs does not make it go away.

I have decided to take a good hard look .... at both my appearance and my habits... and make some adjustments. God deserves a better temple to dwell in that the one I'm currently carting around.

Avoided the mirror lately? Summon up the courage and take a look.... and ask God's help to make some significant changes if need be. (...and remember, miracles NEVER cease!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.