Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

More or Less Church

Joanna Depue "DJ/Deacon J" writes original songs and liturgies, does daily Farm office work and records Barbara's eMos on The Geranium Farm. A singer and dog trainer she utilizes healing touch in her private massage practice. PLEASE share YOUR original ideas for worship, special liturgies, prayers, songs, sermons and noteworthy blogs right here.
Send emails to: deaconj@geraniumfarm.org or add a comment on an existing post.

Monday, December 10, 2012

The One Room Home/The Home of Many Rooms



In Advent we prepare a place for the Christ to come and abide within and in the world anew.

At his birth his shelter was minimal, to say the least.  One 'room' - whether it was a stable or a hollow in the rock - to house Emmanuel, God With Us.

At the end of his mortal ministry, Jesus said he was going ahead to prepare rooms for us.  "In my Father's home there are many rooms.  If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?  And if I'm on my way to get your room ready, I'll come back and get you so you can live where I live."  John 14: 2,3

I want to live where Jesus lives - and for the time being, I want Jesus to live where I live, in my very being.  Welcome, Jesus ... welcome home, until that day when your home is mine as well.

[Photo is by Harry L. Talpin, friend of The Geranium Farm, who lives (for now) in Chelmsford, MA]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.