Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

More or Less Church

Joanna Depue "DJ/Deacon J" writes original songs and liturgies, does daily Farm office work and records Barbara's eMos on The Geranium Farm. A singer and dog trainer she utilizes healing touch in her private massage practice. PLEASE share YOUR original ideas for worship, special liturgies, prayers, songs, sermons and noteworthy blogs right here.
Send emails to: deaconj@geraniumfarm.org or add a comment on an existing post.

Friday, December 09, 2005

The "I oughta" blues

Please use your own mental instrumentation for this one: The "I oughta" blues-

Got plenty o' names here
In my battered address file
Got plenty o' names here
In my battered ole' a-dress file
Thought those cards would be mailed by now
... well, they might be in a while.

Got stuff lined up on amazon
the one that is dot com,
Got my stuff lined up on am-a-zon
that's the one that is dot com
Got my mailman runnin' circles
up through next week and beyond.

This here advent
it is slippin' on away
Yes, I mean that this ole ad-vent
it is slippin, slip slidin a-way
I oughta get down to biz-ness
To be prepared for Christmas day!

I oughta light a candle
on that nice ole advent wreath
I oughta sort through the mail stack
which to shread and which to keep
This case of the I oughta blues
is 'bout to make me start to weep.

There's paper and there's ribbon
oughta tape down, oughta tie
But the crafties goin' in 'em
oughta have some time to dry
These lowdown "I oughta" blues
'bout to break me down an' cry.

I oughta scale down now,
I oughta take it easy some.
Well, well I oughta slow down now
I oughta look at this as fun.
If I can't go losin' these I oughta's
Then that devil, he done won.


Don't get a case of 'The I Oughta Blues'. Take time, slow down, pay attention, Thank God!

Copyright © 2005 K.L.Joanna Depue and Deacon J on The Geranium Farm.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.