Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

More or Less Church

Joanna Depue "DJ/Deacon J" writes original songs and liturgies, does daily Farm office work and records Barbara's eMos on The Geranium Farm. A singer and dog trainer she utilizes healing touch in her private massage practice. PLEASE share YOUR original ideas for worship, special liturgies, prayers, songs, sermons and noteworthy blogs right here.
Send emails to: deaconj@geraniumfarm.org or add a comment on an existing post.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Church dog stories- Contributions by two "Farmers"

Barbara passed along the following two notes for me (as resident dog maven) to share with all you church-going dog lovers out there.....

From Lib Shipley:

(Barbara,) Katharine Armentraut, deacon at St. Bartholomew's in Baltimore, told me to read Marley and Me (says it is a hilarious book about a blonde lab). The Armentrauts have a black lab I think, and our rector, Flo Ledyard, has a black and a blonde lab who come to work with her. She says she is a working mom.

Blessings.
Lib Shipley


.... and from Wendy Rambo Shuford of Baltimore, MD:

(Barbara, In response to you asking if we had a good dog story, here is a lovely memory).
I grew up in a modern house in the country in Pa. We had a large enclosed dog kennel with dog house at the bottom of the hill, where Solo our lovely German Shepherd went at night. He was born when I was about 8-9 one to litter, hence the name. It was a very dark walk and one night at age 17 when it was my turn to take him down to the kennel, I felt afraid. I was not raised in a Church going or religious family so it came as I surprise as I walked down that hill in the dark, to experience Jesus at my shoulder. It seemed very real. Solo was a warm friendly dog and as he got older would run away to places where there were more children. Some years later when my Dad and stepmother wanted to put him down I insisted on being the one to take him. I thought it was the right thing and felt quite brave til I handed over the leash and cried all the way down the long lane. Thank you for helping to bring up this lovely memory.

______________________

Now, if any more of you have wonderful dog (or bird or hamster......etc) stories to share, don't hesitate to send them to me at deaconj@geraniumfarm.org. "Let everything that hath breath, Praise the Lord!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.