Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

More or Less Church

Joanna Depue "DJ/Deacon J" writes original songs and liturgies, does daily Farm office work and records Barbara's eMos on The Geranium Farm. A singer and dog trainer she utilizes healing touch in her private massage practice. PLEASE share YOUR original ideas for worship, special liturgies, prayers, songs, sermons and noteworthy blogs right here.
Send emails to: deaconj@geraniumfarm.org or add a comment on an existing post.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tests, tests and more tests

The idea about this approach was to have all of my medical stuff taken care of and covered under my 'employee' medical benefits, rather than retiree medical benefits which are liable to be about 2mo. from the date of my departure before kicking in. Today was an upper endoscopy- why am I coughing and burping and having a constant sour stomach and on the verge of losing what is in my stoach every time I cough.

I was not familiar w/the procedure. You lay down and gargle with a substance that has the consistency, but not the taste of Karo syrup..... oh yes..... then you swallow it. it numbs out your mouth, tongue, throat, etc. Then you get a considerable dose of muscle relaxants intravenously and then a long metal snake is sent down as far as it needs to go.... having a little snipper and camera attached.

I closed my eyes for the whole thing. I am not interested in what any of my organs look like internally. Sissy of me.

Turns out that yes, I have GERD, which my GP was treating me for. As it turns out, all the horrid coughing I had done of late had pushed the upper part of my stomach through the hole for my diaphragm - creating a pocket - a hernia - that was extremely enflamed and rather large. So I will take one medication 2x a day and another before retiring. No eating 3hrs before laying down, and I'm to put 2-3" blocks under the upper(headboard) legs of the bed. Well, at least I know where I stand there. When the gernia has reduced in size somewhat (3mo he says) I go back for a different medication for the hernia..... well, I don't need an ulcer on top of this. The rest of the week will be taken up w/the dentist, periodontist, ENT dr (in case of another sleep study or need for a C PAP machine temporarily - in an attempt to diminish my snoring to tolerable levels. Then there's the bone density test and mammogram - oh, the bliss!

I am grateful these wonderful professionals are around to be of assistance.... and I want to pass all the tests with flying colors so that it will not postpone my retirement any longer...... send any prayers you can muster in this direction.... and thanks in advance for the support!

p.s. to the above-added the 26th: my gums and teeth are OK and the breathing and stomach are doing much better..... keep up the good work....it's working!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.