Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

More or Less Church

Joanna Depue "DJ/Deacon J" writes original songs and liturgies, does daily Farm office work and records Barbara's eMos on The Geranium Farm. A singer and dog trainer she utilizes healing touch in her private massage practice. PLEASE share YOUR original ideas for worship, special liturgies, prayers, songs, sermons and noteworthy blogs right here.
Send emails to: deaconj@geraniumfarm.org or add a comment on an existing post.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

(Almost) Everything I Know.....

Dear fellow animal lovers. It's been quite a while since I sent something out for you. The planets must be aligned because I saw two things today which nudged me into action.

Last weekend my friend Charlotte came over to help set up a large offset umbrella on my brief patio. I can now go out and sit under its protection, relatively cool and comfortable. As I sipped an herbal iced tea today in this idealic setting, Emmy Lou strolled out to the middle of the lawn, and in the shade, turned over on her back - tail out flat, front paws curled under, rear legs opened spread-eagled. With her head cocked to the side she briefly held her eyes open. Slowly but surely, her eyelids came down like window shades and within 2 minutes she was out for the count. Outdoors, relaxed, free of care, worry or the need to be vigilant, she was the picture of summer contentment.

This evening I turned on my computer to find an e-mail from my dear friend, Julie Tiso, who has just retired from teaching and relocated with her partner Doug Gerritson to Beaufort, NC. Julie has worked for years for animal rights and shelters, mounting fund raisers and community awareness. She and Doug have fostered many a litter of pups in their time and are the proud owners of Ozark (a senior retired seeing eye dog) and Sophie (a mostly boxer mix who had far too many temporary owners). Emmy Lou loves to have play dates with them and gives Sophie a run for her money.... they have mock fights that - with two open mouths of considerable pointy teeth -look ferocious and are completely harmless.

Besides God and the love of God that has been shown me by my human sisters and brothers, I agree with this clip and thought I would share it with you. Enjoy it..... and, if you have one, give your pet an extra hug and a peck just to say THANK YOU!

http://www.thedogmovie.com/

Do you have photos or U tube clips that show our furry, feathered or scaled friends giving us more lessons on life? Send them in to me: deaconj@geraniumfarm.org and I'll compile them into a future entry.

____________________________________________________

Will you be in the Syracuse neighborhood on Sunday, September 16th? I will be preaching at the 10am service at Christ Episcopal Churh in Jordan, NY; presiding with be the rector, the Very Rev. Katherine Day. If you have your long-range calendars out, pencil in that Christ Church has also invited me to offer a retreat there the weekend of November 2-4 entitled Prayer at Your Fingertips. More details will be upcoming after October 1st. Drop in on the News and Events section of the website to see where Barbara or I may be headed on future dates!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.