Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

More or Less Church

Joanna Depue "DJ/Deacon J" writes original songs and liturgies, does daily Farm office work and records Barbara's eMos on The Geranium Farm. A singer and dog trainer she utilizes healing touch in her private massage practice. PLEASE share YOUR original ideas for worship, special liturgies, prayers, songs, sermons and noteworthy blogs right here.
Send emails to: deaconj@geraniumfarm.org or add a comment on an existing post.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Twenty-third psalm revisited

Inspired by Barbara's e-mo of Friday, July 20 (The Gift Beneath it All), Mary Anthony passed on this prayer by Toki Miyashina which Barbara thought might be a benefit to us all..... and I heartily agree. Thank you, Toki for writing it and Mary for sharing it.

Prayer for God's Help, Strength Peace & Serenity

The Lord is my pace setter, I shall not rush.
He makes me stop and rest for quiet intervals;
He provides me with images of stillness, which restore my serenity.
He leads me in the ways of efficiency; through calmness of mind, and His guidance is peace.
Even though I have a great many things to accomplish each day, I will not fret for his presence is here.
His timelessness, his all-importance will keep me in balance.
He prepares refreshment and renewal in the midst of my activity.
By annointing my mind with his oils of tranquility,My cup of joyous energy overflows.
Surely harmony and effectiveness shall be the fruits of my hours,
For I shall walk in the pace of my Lord, and dwell in his house forever.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joanna,

This prayer really struck a cord with me today as I'm preparing to send Tim off to college! I think that I will try to start my day with it.

Donna

6:56 PM  
Blogger Tamara Gantt said...

What a great prayer. A few months ago, one of my colleagues stopped me in the cafeteria and just kindly and directly asked, "Why are you always in a hurry?"

It was a generous gesture; it got me thinking about slowing down and smelling the roses. Now, I literally stop and breathe in the fragrance of the roses planted between my building and the next, every time I pass by. It has been a means of quieting myself and of celebrating the moment.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.