Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

More or Less Church

Joanna Depue "DJ/Deacon J" writes original songs and liturgies, does daily Farm office work and records Barbara's eMos on The Geranium Farm. A singer and dog trainer she utilizes healing touch in her private massage practice. PLEASE share YOUR original ideas for worship, special liturgies, prayers, songs, sermons and noteworthy blogs right here.
Send emails to: deaconj@geraniumfarm.org or add a comment on an existing post.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

My Heaven

I have been thinking about heaven lately. Some of it has to do with the passage of time (how many years has it been since you graduated from high school??), some of it to do with the passage of people from my life, some of it about the illusion of control over my world or my body or my time on this plane of reality.

I have been listening to a CD I bought last year, Between Here and Gone by Mary Chapin Carpenter. One song is entitled My Heaven and here is the text for you to nod to or smile at or disagree with:

http://www.geraniumfarm.org/docs/myheaven.pdf

Well, come to think of it, my heaven looks kinda like this too. She doesn't mention God or Jesus... and I have the strong conviction that I will experience both of them - in whatever form they REALLY take in that realm.... yep. They will be there along with a whole bunch of people I, with my puny mind, would never have invited to join the party. Thank God the guest list is totally in God's hands.... if it weren't, I might not have been invited either!

What does your heaven look like? Post a comment here to share your thoughts and invite others to do so also. Happy Trails! Trying to be a saint in the making (and frequently flubbing it), DJ

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only have two clear pictures which come to my mind's eye about what I might see in heaven:

One is Jesus sitting on the ground leaning on a fence, one knee bent up, the other leg extended, playing with a twig in his hand, smiling quietly as I walk toward him.

The other is a clear vision God gave me a time or two of Max, the dog who was my best and only close friend for years and years. He was poisoned by someone in our rectory back yard. Nothing has ever hurt as much as losing Max. God showed me he is now in a glorified glowing white body waiting for me to re-join him in heaven.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.