Geranium Farm Home     Who's Who on the Farm     The Almost Daily eMo     Subscriptions     Coming Events     Links
Hodgepodge     More or Less Church     Ways of the World     Father Matthew     A Few Good Writers     Bookstore
Light a Prayer Candle     Message Board     Donations     Gifts For Life     Pennies From Heaven     Live Chat

More or Less Church

Joanna Depue "DJ/Deacon J" writes original songs and liturgies, does daily Farm office work and records Barbara's eMos on The Geranium Farm. A singer and dog trainer she utilizes healing touch in her private massage practice. PLEASE share YOUR original ideas for worship, special liturgies, prayers, songs, sermons and noteworthy blogs right here.
Send emails to: deaconj@geraniumfarm.org or add a comment on an existing post.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Love abiding

1 Corinthians 13:12-13

Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known.
13:13 And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

From the Concise Oxford Dictionary:
abide:1. v.i. remain, continue, (arch.) dwell; remain faithful to, act upon; 2. v.t. encounter, sustain; submit to suffer, put up with, tolerate.
abiding: a. enduring, permanen.


According to the writer in the first letter to the faithful in Corinth it was imperative to establish that those things we do or say or profess - if not based on the continual love God pours on us and instills in us - are hollow and without any substance whatsoever.

The love that eminates from God is sustainable, renewable, to be counted on. The love of God for us is permanent and enduring. The love of God - even without me nurturing it - dwells in me.

How many of us believe - truly believe- these things. Within us, sustaining us - are faith, hope and love...... and the greatest motivator of all three is love.

Do YOU believe this??? Does your life demonstrate that belief? Do you give for the sake of love alone, pray for the sake of love alone, try for the sake of love alone? Are your daily conversations laced with love? Are your interactions - even with complete strangers - kind, generous, loving? I am convinced the more I become in tune with the remarkable, unearned, precious and animate love of God - abiding in me - the more harmonious my relationships with myself, with others, with my environment, with my vocation I will become.

ABIDE WITH ME 1982 Hymnal music: W.H.Monk, 1861; lyrics: H.F.Lyte, 1847

Abide with me: fast falls the eventide; The darkness deepens; Lord with me abide.
When other helpers fail and comforts flee, Help of the helpless, O abide with me.

I need thy presence eery passing hour; what but thy grace can foil the tempter's power?
Who, like thyself, my guide and stay can be? Through cloud and sunshine, Lord abide with me.

I fear no foe, with thee at hand to bless; ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness.
Where is death's sting? where, grave, thy victory? I triumph still, if thou abide with me.

Hold thous thy cross before my closing eyes; shine through the gloom, and pointme to the skies;
heaven's morning breaks, and eart's vain shadows flee; in life, in death, O Lord, abide with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright © 2003-Present Geranium Farm - All rights reserved.
Reproduction of any materials on this web site for any purpose
other than personal use without written consent is prohibited.